[time-nuts] Re: Can the ADEV of a GPSDO output ever be lower than the minimum of the ADEV of the internal oscilator and the ADEV of the GPS PPS?

Erik Kaashoek erik at kaashoek.com
Mon May 2 14:12:08 UTC 2022

And here is the simulation with a simulated PPS, one with 2e-8 noise
level (PPS_noise_2e-8.tiff) and the other with 2e-9 noise level
(PPS_noise_2e-9.tiff)
The level of white noise in the PPS does not change the ADEV of the
output signal but the ADEV of the PPS shifts down with decreasing noise.
So the only reason why I may be able to have a simulation with an output
phase ADEV below the PPS ADEV is because of the high amount of (white)
noise in the PPS.
Erik.