[time-nuts] Re: OSA-5400 power transistor

Bob kb8tq kb8tq at n1k.org
Mon May 9 23:12:48 UTC 2022

Hi

With 24V in, 450 ma is 10.8W. That’s a pretty hearty number for warming up
an OCXO. That power would not be going through the 18V regulator for a couple
of reasons.

Once warmed up, 170 ma at 24V is 4.08W. That’s more than a functioning OCXO
should pull at typical lab bench temperatures. 60 ma at 24V is 1.44W. That is a
reasonable power for a functioning OCXO on a lab bench.

Bob