[time-nuts] Time-nuts at WSTS conference

Magnus Danielson magnus at rubidium.se
Thu May 12 18:01:48 UTC 2022

Fellow time-nuts,

This week I spend my time at the WSTS conference in Denver. While here
in my commercial capacity, there is a lot of professionals lurking the
list that shows up to shake the hand and say hi. Turns out that many
lurk out here and read and learn lot of useful stuff.

While they may work and focus on some things, you learn on a broader
spectrum of issues of just lurking here.

One thing I want to say to those that may not be as vocal here, asking
questions here is good, as many others learn from the questions and answers.

Hearing from these lurkers is also how much they appreciate reading the
discussions and the answers from the big dragons and magicians sweeping
in with their wisdom to share. It is good to keep this in mind as one
provide answers, I try to and sometimes achieve it.

I've found that corridor discussions have included redefinition of
SI-second, quantum computers, optical clocks, security on PTP clocks,
time-scale algorithms, uncertainty of different measures. Oh, and I just
won a bottle of scotsh whiskey.

Cheers,
Magnus