[time-nuts] Re: Looking for an SMA GPS signal splitter

Forrest Voight forrest.voight at gmail.com
Tue May 24 19:20:32 UTC 2022

Hi John,

The strategy that I've found to be most cost-effective is to buy a standard
DC-passing SMA splitter off of eBay and then open it and solder
surface-mount DC-blocking capacitors in series with all of the output ports.

This can be done by cutting two close parallel lines in each of the exposed
foil traces with an exacto knife and then lifting the isolated segment off
with tweezers. Then, capacitors are hand-soldered over the newly-created
gaps in the traces. Any 0402 or 0603 surface-mount capacitor in the 100 pF
to 1 nF range should work fine. Here's a photo gallery of such a
modification: http://u.forre.st/splitter/

Forrest