[time-nuts] Re: Ublox M6T -M8T

Bob kb8tq kb8tq at n1k.org
Sat May 28 17:22:17 UTC 2022

Hi

There are a number of threads on the uBlox receivers.

Quick summary: All of the outputs from the typical examples are run
with a “drop a pulse / add a pulse” approach to steer them to the
correct frequency. If you are after a “clean” output for some sort of
gear (like a synthesizer) … not so much. If further division for a timing
process, they may be useful.

The drop / add happens on a second to second basis. You get a
“step” in the process each time a PPS “happens”. This results in
a bit of excitement when trying to measure just how good (or bad)
the output is.

Bob