[time-nuts] Re: Ublox M6T -M8T

Alex Pummer alex at pcscons.com
Sat May 28 20:38:03 UTC 2022

Yes, we did,

and learned, that the device -- the ublox6 --  forgets the the program
very fast, thus we added one arduino, which loads the program into the
ublox at every new turn on. By using low output frequency -- 10kHz --
the jitter is low, at higher output frequency the jitter is getting
larger, presumably because the internal clock of the ublox is a "free
running " crystal oscillator.
We did not do any "deep quality investigation" to the output of our
10MHz signal source output, 10 is just used as frequency calibrator for
instruments.
I made one phase phase comparation, --comparator one input  GPS -ublox
derived 60kHz the other input is wwvb 60kHz from Fort Collins Colorado,
it show the typical phase change during the day of the wwvb.

73

Alexander Pummer[hard ware] + David Fannin [soft ware]