[time-nuts] Re: Short video demonstrating my DMTD

Erik Kaashoek erik at kaashoek.com
Thu Nov 3 15:29:12 UTC 2022

See below

Op do 3 nov. 2022 14:34 schreef Bob kb8tq <kb8tq at n1k.org>:

    Hi

    Is the intent to turn this into a product? I’m guessing that’s the idea.

Is being considered

    If so:

    1) Displaying in scientific notation ( parts in 10^-12 / ppb / ppt )
    would be
    a useful option for the frequency difference.

Will make that an option

    2) Adjusting the Tau / gate time would be nice, but not essential.

Is already possibly. Any Tau between 1ms and 1 s

    3) Dumping phase samples to something ( card / USB / ….) so that
    things like
    ADEV could be calculated would be a plus.

Is already implemented

    With ground loops an ever present gotcha, just how you get the data
    out is
    not a trivial part of all this.

I'm considering built in isolation transformers for both inputs

Erik.