[time-nuts] Re: 5061A HV Supply, et al.

paul swed paulswedb at gmail.com
Wed Nov 9 20:31:20 UTC 2022

Jim
It will be fun to try to save the unit. But indeed the tube may be depleted.
I am pretty sure the 3500 V doesn't come on if the ion pump current is to
high. They are interlocked. If the tubes been off then the ion pump current
should peg and that is a key.
It has to be below about 20 on the ion pump meter.
There is a good bit of detail from KE5FX as I recall on using an external
supply to pump the tube down. Though the voltages are dangerous as a
caution.
You have nothing to lose so have fun trying to recover the unit. No matter
what you will learn good stuff.
Regards
Paul