[time-nuts] Re: 5061A HV Supply, et al. {External}

Jim Muehlberg jmuehlbe at nrao.edu
Tue Nov 15 00:14:54 UTC 2022

Paul,

My understanding is that the 3500 V is on as soon as power is applied.
Disconnected, I get 750V at the HV lead.  I first connected a 1M Ohm
resistor divider because I don't really have HV measuring stuff (10K to
1) and it read 350 V.  Indeed the meter is pegged, but I suspect that is
due to some internal fault in the A18 as well.  So unless there is some
turn on signal to the 3500 V supply, I suspect it is bad.  This whole
thing may be a basket case.  No one knows the history.

I'm also missing the divider assembly, so that may put the brakes on the
whole project, but I'll worry about that once I have attempted to pump down.

Thanks for the advice!

Jim