[time-nuts] Help: Racal Comparator MA290

steve at g8ebm.com steve at g8ebm.com
Tue Nov 15 13:21:23 UTC 2022

   Does anyone have any information on the Racal MA290 Signal Comparator
   Nato nummber 5820-99-951-0656.

   We have one at the Radio Communication Museum of GB but have no
   information whatsoever.  It looks as though it compares the incoming
   signal with the  internal 5MHz and 1MHz sources and prints the
   difference on a front panel printer.  I would guess it is late 1960s or
   early 1970s manufacture.  It uses transistors throughout but no printed
   circuit boards.  Steve G8EBM