[time-nuts] Re: PRS10: What are good values for AD9 and DS?

Matt Huszagh huszaghmatt at gmail.com
Thu Nov 17 04:16:50 UTC 2022

Krishna Makhija via time-nuts <time-nuts at lists.febo.com> writes:

> I have just recently bought two new PRS10s. I ran these commands for you on
> them.

Thank you Krishna!

> Here is what I see:
> FS!?

(This is FC!?, right?)

> Result: 64,257,1347,1264 (unit1), 59,233,2569,2611 (unit2)
> DS?
> Result: 1070,1124 (unit1), 1053,983 (unit2)

I'm a bit surprised by the first number here. I wonder why that's so
high - the manual indicates they should oscillate around 0. Those second
numbers are nice and high though.

> AD9?
> Result: 2.981 (unit1), 3.155 (unit2)
>
> Not sure why the number of power cycles and running time is so high. I have
> personally only power cycled them 5-6 times so far for testing and used
> them for a total of 10-15 hours. Perhaps it was part of the factory
> calibration/testing? I might have to look into this later. At any rate, I
> am pretty sure they are working fairly close to factory spec.

That sounds like a reasonable explanation. Maybe someone else will know
for sure.

Thanks again!
Matt