[time-nuts] Lady Heather with my own GPSDO

Pluess, Tobias tpluess at ieee.org
Tue Nov 22 08:45:18 UTC 2022

Hi list,
I would like to adapt the firmware of my own GPSDO such that it can be
interfaced to Lady Heather.
I see different possibilities.
a) use NMEA-like output with the $P prefix. For test purposes, I have
implemented a $PTEST NMEA sentence which outputs the DAC value, the OCXO
current and the board temperature. I modified the source code of LH
slightly such that it receives these $PTEST sentences and displays
corresponding messages on the terminal. So far it works, the received data
is successfully received, decoded and displayed as shown in the screenshot.
However, I am unsure if this makes sense, as LH still cannot easily be told
to display these data in the chart.
b) implement a SCPI like interface on my GPSDO such that LH can talk to it
and query all the necessary data.

c) are there other possibilities? has anybody ever tried to interface a
self made GPSDO to LH?

thanks,
best
Tobias