[time-nuts] Re: WARNING about HP5065A on ebay

Dr. David Kirkby drkirkby at kirkbymicrowave.co.uk
Thu Nov 24 00:20:52 UTC 2022

On Wed, 23 Nov 2022 at 04:23, Corby Dawson via time-nuts <
time-nuts at lists.febo.com> wrote:

> Hi, There is an HP 5065A on ebay right now that must be a scam!
> Item 404011176065 form the UK.
> I happen to have the exact same unit under repair on my work bench right
> now!
> So don't bid on it!
>
> Cheers,
>
> Corby

In an attempt to stop anyone being scammed I have placed a couple of bids.
After placing a bid of £7000, the next bid increment was £255, so I assume
that someone had bid £250.

The price is currently £7,200. Needless to say I will not buy it. I will
alert eBay - not that they really care. Perhaps you would be kind enough to
email me a photograph with a bit of paper saying it’s a scam, and showing
the serial number.

The seller might be a bit disappointed if he thinks he is going to get
£7200 for it.
--
Dr. David Kirkby,
Kirkby Microwave Ltd,
drkirkby at kirkbymicrowave.co.uk
https://www.kirkbymicrowave.co.uk/
Telephone 01621-680100./ +44 1621 680100

Registered in England & Wales, company number 08914892.
Registered office:
Stokes Hall Lodge, Burnham Rd, Althorne, Chelmsford, Essex, CM3 6DT, United
Kingdom