[time-nuts] Re: Neon clock from factory at Motorola years ago

Robert LaJeunesse lajeunesse at mail.com
Thu Nov 24 04:33:02 UTC 2022

Lumichron indicates it is a 24V impulse:

https://lumichron.com/wp-content/uploads/Wiring-Diagram-typical-.pdf

But it is not obvious how a 24V impulse would allow the clock to be adjusted to GPS time after power loss. And it seems like a really simplistic impulse per minute according to https://lumichron.com/wp-content/uploads/Specifications-Section-10-74-13-2018.pdf
stating: "Slave-type, hi-torque, impulse-drive, 24v impulse control – shall move only once a minute. "

Looks like they have a newer version using 4 wires:
https://lumichron.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/07/wiring-diagram-tower-clock.pdf

Here is a controller where it states the impulse is bipolar:
https://lumichron.com/the-new-hn-60-and-hn-61-clock-controller-from-mobatime/

Possibly one polarity sets it to 12:00 and the other polarity advances it 1 minute? Don't know myself. Time to experiment with a 24V power supply?

Good Luck!

Bob L.