[time-nuts] Re: DMTD and TICC with YimeLab question

Bob kb8tq kb8tq at n1k.org
Fri Nov 25 14:34:34 UTC 2022

Hi

If you head back into the archives and search for “Collins Limiter” ( hopefully spelled
correctly ) you will find a whole bunch of info on attempting to convert low frequency
sine waves to fast edge square waves. It suggests that the “SNR” needs to be managed
against the slew rate through a number of stages to do things well.

There are a lot of designs out there that don’t use the Collins approach. There also are
papers from various well known folks calling into question some of the basic assumptions
made in the paper. Possibly somebody will chime in with links to a range of papers.

Bottom line is that you are doing well to get a net of 1x10^-13 out of a system like this.
Getting to 1x10^-14 at one second seems to be out of range for whatever reason.

Bob