[time-nuts] Re: What everyday uses are there for accurate clocks?

Hugh Blemings hugh at blemings.org
Tue Nov 29 13:15:02 UTC 2022

Hi,

I'm sure others can speak in more depth than I, but birtually all major
cloud providers and/or services that make use of large datacentres
(think Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin etc. if you want publicly aware
examples) - will run their own NTP servers or other similar time
standards to ensure their geographically dispersed systems have a shared
understanding of what the time is.

This is crucial for things as mundane as consistent end user experience
(who posted first?) to ensuring network security.

Cheers,
Hugh