[time-nuts] Re: Long term stable environmental sensors

Bob kb8tq kb8tq at n1k.org
Tue Nov 29 14:34:30 UTC 2022

Hi

If you have a giant pile of bonus points on your credit card, you can go investigate
a “chilled mirror hygrometer”. There are a variety of brands. They all attempt to get
around the drift issue by taking it all back to dew point and thus a temperature reading.
They are very expensive and I’m sure there are subtle issues with them ( maybe
keeping the mirror clean ….who knows ).

For pressure, the local airport might be an adequate substitute. A lot depends on just
how much your building self pressurizes and how far that airport is from you. Building
issues can be addressed to some degree with a differential (indoor / outdoor) measurement.
Those are pretty easy to calibrate with a tube of water.

Bob