[time-nuts] Re: WWVB Loopstick Antenna Project

glen english LIST glenlist at cortexrf.com.au
Sun Sep 11 23:31:21 UTC 2022

Yeah that's right, but interference we usually care about  is in band,
so the rejection is useful  only to deal with things like AM stations
and NDBs. Wideband interference is usualy the job of the receiver to
deal with, unless a specific application like say trying to hear a weka
signal next to a transmitter (a pin drop next to an RB211  at WOT) .

Narrow bandwidth is a hinderence for environments with wide bandwidth
pulses (like power line arcs).

I am doing a new 85kHz system, and while the Q ~ 5 assists with out of
band, it's only 2nd order, and I have to be careful of aliases with the
digital receiver of things like AM radio stations, NDBs etc.

glen