[time-nuts] Re: James Miller/Brooks Shera 10 MHz GPSDO

Mervyn Thomas vk6bmt at iinet.net.au
Mon Sep 12 09:45:26 UTC 2022

Hi All,

Problem with my James Miller/Brooks Shera GPSDO resolved.

The main problem was I had a component (R5 I think) on the board as 4.7K
instead of 470R.  This was no real problem up until the EFC needed to go
beyond where it was .  Changed it to a 470 R and put a PCM61P DAC in
place of the AD1861 and it now holds the 10 MHz  hour after hour with no
High LED coming on.  There was probably nothing wrong with the AD1861
DAC but having changed it I'm leaving PCM61P in place.

Thanks to all who responded - much appreciated.

If anybody needs a PCM61P I have quite a few spares and at around US$ 10
I'll post to anywhere.

Merv