[time-nuts] Re: Testing replacement lamps for HP5065A

paul swed paulswedb at gmail.com
Fri Sep 16 13:46:36 UTC 2022

A very interesting experiment by Corby. I will add from my experience on
the telco RBs. The small units. The failures I have now run into with the
lamp is the plating out of the RB on the front of the glass dimming the
beam. This is the issue that has been discussed before with heating the
bulb to remove that buildup. Seems to work and it recovers the unit for
quite a while. How long is a question. Don't tend to run these small RBs
often.
Love the Corby bench and hack. Plus Corby has spare "stuff" to experiment
with.
My drawers are not that good.
Regards
Paul