[time-nuts] Re: Thanks for adding me, and please help. Motorola Oncore

Germán Herrera g.herrera at ses.com.ar
Mon Sep 19 12:17:54 UTC 2022

Hi Marcelo, welcome to the list.

I have no experience with oncore modules, but here's my 5 cents:

If the antenna works correctly on a non Motorola module and, assuming
you have an active antenna, I'd suspect the bias voltage that the
antenna requires may be different (lower?) than the one delivered by the
Motorola modules.

If that is true and the Motorola modules are unable to power the LNA on
the antenna, you may need an external bias tee to feed the antenna with
the correct voltage.

Hope this helps,
BR, German