[time-nuts] Re: Please help. Motorola Oncore

Bob kb8tq kb8tq at n1k.org
Mon Sep 19 20:20:47 UTC 2022

Hi

The other gotcha depends a lot on just how long “off for a while” is.
If any of these devices are off power for decades, the internal data
for the almanac ( = which sats are where ) will be way off.

The process of random search is a lot faster with the newer modules.
They have way more processing horsepower. Just how many hours
(or days) it takes this or that example of an early module to come
back to life …. who knows ….

Bob