[time-nuts] Re: Please help. Motorola Oncore

Marcelo Dantas marcelo.f.dantas at gmail.com
Tue Sep 20 21:50:25 UTC 2022

Hi Everyone,

Good news.
I was able to resolve the issue by doing this:

Plugged the GT+ GPS, which goes onto the previous "can't find anything"
bad-almanac mode.
Open WinOncore and set the device to factory defaults.
Then set-up the device by passing my location, local time, setting timezone
to GMT-4 and setting it to GPS time, not UTC time.
After that the device starts sending out a message every second as
expected, then satellite signal bars magically start to appear.
In a minute or so the bad-almanac message disappears. Everything seems to
be ok.
I send the @@Bb 01 command to have it send out satellite location messages,
which populates the sky map.
If I do any other combination it will stay in the "can't find anything"
mode.

Once the GT+ was running for a while I sent the following commands in order:
record alm
@@Be 00
record alm c
This generated an almanac file on the WinOncore folder, which is completely
different from the .alm or .al3 ones we get online.

I then plugged in the UT+ (which at this point has no battery installed
anymore, therefore won't store any configuration/almanac).
Repeated the process plus loading the previously saved almanac.
It immediately "sees" the satellites and starts working normally (gotta get
a new battery for this one).

This is it.
I thank everyone for your guidance as it assisted me do further research
and dig deeper into the commands necessary to make it work.
Hopefully this info will help someone in the future.

Thanks!
Marcelo.