[time-nuts] Re: Getting phase noise data off an HP 3048A

Matt Huszagh huszaghmatt at gmail.com
Wed Apr 12 15:03:33 UTC 2023

Mike Ingle via time-nuts <time-nuts at lists.febo.com> writes:

> Hi Matt,  I don't have an answer, but I was curious about the equipment you
> mentioned, and it would appear that the e5810a has windows libraries:
> downoadable link on
> https://www.keysight.com/us/en/product/E5810A/langpib-gateway.html. Good
> luck --mike

Hi Mike,

I think you're right that this should work with the 7470 plotter
emulator and other Windows programs that make use of some sort of GPIB
adapter. I made a brief attempt to get it working with the 7470 emulator
(which I would have a lot of uses for) a few months back and didn't have
any luck, but I probably just need to spend a bit more time with it. My
real problem is that I'm still not very proficient with Windows, but
this gives me a good excuse to learn.

Thanks,
Matt