[time-nuts] Proposed HP-117A Modification Board

Matt Krick dcflux at gmail.com
Mon Apr 17 05:39:15 UTC 2023

Here is the proposed HP-117A Modification Board.  The board is meant to sit
in the open slot of the 117A and will require a little bit of rewiring to
the back plane on the underside of the chassis.

But what we have here is two MC1496s set up as frequency doublers to strip
off the BPSK data from the front end and also the local 60 kHz comparison
signal which will be inserted before the A3 Phase Comparitor.  There are
also op-amps buffers that will allow additional gain as needed.

Both signals will then be 120 kHz instead of 60 kHz but I believe the A3
module should be able to work with the faster frequency and the rest of the
unit should function as normal.