[time-nuts] Re: HP / Agilent 53132A

Bob Camp kb8tq at n1k.org
Fri Apr 28 00:36:29 UTC 2023

Hi

The magic link does not seem to work from the US.

A few thoughts:

1) You will pay extra for the 3 GHz input. As mentioned in other posts, there are alternatives. This
applies to any of the 5313x or 5323x counter.

2) Pricing on the 5313x counters varies a lot over time. Shipping also plays a part. Sub $500 (US)
delivered is a good deal on any 5313x counter. To me, anything over $1,000 is a bit high for a “good
deal: sort of price.

Yes, the 53131 and 53132 just got tossed into one big lump. Oddly enough, eBay does not always
distinguish between the two. You can find them priced in a very confusing fashion (relative to each
other).

These days one should also watch the 5323x counter. They have been out long enough to be running
around eBay. There are ample examples of 5313x counters listed above the “good deal" price for a
5323x counter. For most applications, the 5323x is going to be a better bet ….

Bob