[time-nuts] Re: HP / Agilent 53132A

Bob Camp kb8tq at n1k.org
Sat Apr 29 22:32:55 UTC 2023

Hi

The power supply in the 5313x counters was made by who knows who
( = HP bought it from the low bidder). They are very much the weak point
in the device. Will yours fail tomorrow? Who knows …..

The “cheap answer” to the replacement issue is to buy a 53181. They are
not a popular item. They don’t fetch much compared to the other counters
in the series. They *do* share the same power supply. We  swapped a
*lot* of supplies between the 181 and 131/132 counters. (as in dozens …).

Bob