[time-nuts] Domestic time pulse transmission

john.haine at haine-online.net john.haine at haine-online.net
Fri Aug 4 09:47:20 UTC 2023

I'm wondering if the group wisdom could help me work out a good way to send
a ~1pps pulse from a mechanical clock to a time monitoring system?  This is
for a pendulum clock project where the clock is electronically controlled
and I want to measure its timekeeping remotely to avoid having to build the
time reference and logging R-Pi into the case.  I do not want to have to run
a cable from the room where the clock will be to the place where the logging
is done, so the options are radio or using the mains wiring (the clock will
be mains powered with battery backup).  Obviousy there are options such as
the cheap 433MHz transceivers that are available which I am investigating,
but does anyone here have any experience of techniques that work (or, just
as importantly, don't work!) please?

John.