[time-nuts] Re: St Veran gravity red shift mission - logging

Lux, Jim jim at luxfamily.com
Fri Aug 4 16:27:18 UTC 2023

On 8/3/23 6:55 AM, Magnus Danielson via time-nuts wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> I have written multiple times about the mission, but I thought I share
> a separate view this time, and I think it may be equally interesting.
> This time I would like to bring up the topic of logging. You can see
> traces in various posts from before, but maybe I can contribute a
> somewhat more comprehensive picture.

<snip>

This is great stuff, Magnus.  It's all these little practical details
that help some one planning a similar activity know what kinds of stuff
happens - it won't be the same, of course, but it's the kind of thing
you encounter.

And why we used to have this cynical phrase "all you gotta do is..."

Someone would have a block diagram on the white board or a power point
slide - it looks simple in concept, but the practicalities take a lot of
time and effort.

One thing that one seems to always have to create your own tools for is
combining time series of measurement, where the clock are not the same.
InfluxdB does time serieses (or, I suppose, it has a native time type
and is theoretically optimized for such things), but it doesn't do
resynchronization or time correlation. That's still on the user.