[time-nuts] 20230814: HP Z3805A operation w/6-channel Oncore receiver replaced by Synergy Systems upgraded receiver

Andrew Kalman aekalman at gmail.com
Tue Aug 15 01:39:45 UTC 2023

All:

FWIW, Art @ Synergy Systems is beginning to ship out their Oncore GPS
receiver replacements
<https://synergy-gps.com/synergy-products/ssr-series-ut-vp-single-board-replacement/>
in quantities > 1. I've had one for  several weeks (just got a few more),
and the correct model is a true drop-in replacement for the 1996-date-code
Oncore receivers originally in my HP Z3805A boxes. I am using these modules
in HP Z3805As that were retired from cellular tower sites in China several
years ago. Am currently recapping the power supply boards in these as well,
for safety's sake.

Attached is a multi-day-long capture running the Z38XX.exe software, if
anyone is interested. The GPS antenna is indoors, in a NNE-facing window.

I think someone had asked about options like this a few weeks ago. I'm just
a satisfied customer, yada yada.

--Andrew

Andrew E. Kalman, Ph.D.