[time-nuts] Re: Question: Efratom FRK-L Rubidium Standard

paul swed paulswedb at gmail.com
Mon Aug 28 21:15:52 UTC 2023

Hal
I am not sure the bulbs wear out. But on telco Rbs I have seen the Rb
plates out on the glass. Other time-nuts have seen the same.
When that happens the bulb darkens and lowers the transmission. Finally
with enough Rb missing the lamp fails to ignite.
Others and myself have heated the lamp to get the RB back into circulation
and they fire up and run quite well and seem to end up back in the midlife
region. Its really hard to say how good they are but they ignite and lock
and are stable.
Regards
Paul.