[time-nuts] Re: Galileo system time

Jürgen Appel jap at dfm.dk
Wed Aug 30 12:48:26 UTC 2023

Dear Discussion of precise time and frequency measurement,

On Wednesday, 30 August 2023 12:22:32 CEST Tom Van Baak via time-nuts wrote:

> Start with https://galmon.eu/
>
> Read the note about the Grafana dashboard and head to
> https://public.galmon.eu/
>
> Scroll down for "Galileo atomic clock jumps" and see if you can make
> sense of the strange "0.2 ns" histogram. GPS / Beidou / GLONASS are clean.

Yes, that's also the website where I got the "Galileo GST-UTC offset"
(viewPanel=19) information from. If my interpretation is correct, they seem to
repetitively program the satellites to broadcast a slightly decreasing GST-UTC
offset, while after every day the offset is in fact higher instead of lower,
and they have to step the number up and do the same thing again.

But why?

Cheers,
	Jürgen