[time-nuts] Re: pulling some crystals

Ben Hall kd5byb at gmail.com
Fri Dec 8 23:19:26 UTC 2023

On 12/7/2023 3:38 PM, Bob kb8tq via time-nuts wrote:
> Their idea that 3 days at 105 is the same as 1 year is …. errrr …. ummm ….. questionable.

Many moons ago I worked at a test lab that did nuclear plant Loss of Coolant Accident (LOCA) certification testing.  Prior to the LOCA tests, we had to send the test items out to be irradiated in a hot (radiation) cell, then cooked them in our lab temp chambers at X degrees for Y days that simulated Z years of nuke plant use at ambient temp T per an IEEE document whose number I forget.

Fun stuff.  ;)

Wish I could remember the document.  I'd trust IEEE to do the temp/time calculations correctly, so I wonder how the Krystaly numbers would compare?

thanks much,
ben