[time-nuts] Re: FPGA-based GPS NTP server project

Ed Marciniak ed at nb0m.org
Sun Feb 12 00:00:32 UTC 2023

Your mediatek GPS receiver is probably a really lousy pick for low jitter.

There are options from Navspark like the NS-T, other receiving chips/modules from the same, as well as some uBlox parts that would do better.

There’s options with under 20ns jitter on those, and if memory serves there’s one that’s available that with a good sky view and antenna might be more like 8ns jitter.