[time-nuts] Re: Phase Noise Measurement {External}

Jim Muehlberg jmuehlbe at nrao.edu
Fri Feb 24 15:57:04 UTC 2023

Tobias,

Maybe you have seen Charles Wenzel's "teclib.com" site.  Lots of fun
stuff there.  Including a design for a LNA for precisely what you want:

http://techlib.com/files/lowamp.pdf

I built this about 15 years ago.  There are probably better LN op amps
out there now.

Take a look at this guy: (Marco Reps)

https://youtu.be/XpbDMo8an5w

He's a "voltnut", but that's OK.  We're all nuts.

Oh, and certainly, you need to read Linear application note #124 by Jim
Williams.

Good Luck!

Jim