[time-nuts] Re: HP 5061A - bad cesium beam tube?

Bob Camp kb8tq at n1k.org
Sat Feb 25 23:49:30 UTC 2023

Hi

One way to “decide” the who’s right argument is to get a reasonably good
GPS (Trimble NetRS from eBay maybe) that will run off of 10 MHz (yes this
means a doubler if you have a 5061a). Feed the atomic clock into the input
on the GPS.Then log the RINEX files for a while (= a month maybe). Send
them off to NRCan (free) for analysis.

If you send it in about 3 weeks after the end of the time period, you will get back
a pretty good clock estimate. It’s certainly good enough to tell you how well
your Cs or Rb is doing. With an Rb, you might do pretty well with a week’s
worth of data.

Bob