[time-nuts] Re: hp 5061B, power-up sequence, logging

paul swed paulswedb at gmail.com
Wed Jan 4 15:41:31 UTC 2023

Tom
I have not done this. But you're on the right track with differential
inputs.
The approach I would take is to measure each meter position without the
meter in circuit to ground.
This will give you the maximum differential voltage to watch out for with
respect to ground that might damage the diff opamp input.
Pretty sure all of the test points are easily reachable on the bottom pc
board A7 or 17??
Then figure out the meter resistance and use that value across each meter
function connected to the differential input.
This all sounds messy but really isn't. Just leave the meter in the battery
position or maybe the 100 KHz position.
Good luck sounds like a fun project.
Regards
Paul