[time-nuts] Re: Spectracom 8143 GPS Disciplined Osc

Bob Camp kb8tq at n1k.org
Fri Jan 13 16:46:01 UTC 2023

Hi

Looking at the manual, the main thing I’d probably check is additive phase noise through
the beast to each output channel. Its sort of an odd thing to set up on a bench, but not insane
to do.

Next I’d check the levels on the level detectors to make sure they switch in / switch out
at the right points.

Past that there’s the normal output level and harmonics sort of checking.

If indeed there are some GPSDO’s in the mix as well as the switches, they may need
looking at as well. What you do depends a bit on just what they are.

Bob