[time-nuts] GNSS-disciplining a Ball FRS-C Rubidium Oscillator

John Miller john at millerjs.org
Sat Jan 14 21:49:24 UTC 2023

Hello Everyone!
A while back, a friend of mine who knows I'm into this hobby found a Ball FRS-C RuXO at an electronics surplus shop local to him. It works great, and outputs 10MHz with as many zeros as the best frequency counterI have access to can measure. I don't really know what to do with it, but I have thought about building a system to discipline it with a GNSS receiver. Any recommendations, thoughts, etc.? I suspect this thing may be out of my scope and I should find a new home for it.

Here are photos of the unit: https://photos.millerjs.org/?f=Ball+Efratom+FRS-C

Thanks,
John
KC1QLN