[time-nuts] Re: Can Ublox GPS NEO provide 10MHz signal?

John Ackermann N8UR jra at febo.com
Wed Jan 18 17:34:03 UTC 2023

Hi Mauro --

Yes, the u-blox TIMEPULSE signal can be set for 10 MHz (and beyond that
on new units).  However, the spectral quality of the output is
horrendous because the receiver drops or adds pulses each second as
needed to maintain the long-term frequency which creates lots of jitter.
  So for any sort of analog application you need to have a clean-up loop
(e.g., an XO/TCXO/OCXO stable enough to support a multi-second time
constant at the desired stability) following it.

John
----