[time-nuts] Re: HP Z3801A GPS questions + Satstat

paul swed paulswedb at gmail.com
Fri Jan 20 22:38:00 UTC 2023

Walter what you experienced is not at all correct. On a good unit turn it
on and after some time it all locks.
No muss or fuss. I seem to recall the protocol is 7 E 1 maybe 9600 baud.
Its not the normal 8 N 1.
The satstat did trigger responses.
Watch out. Some ports defaul to xon/xoff. Putty as an example. You want no
flow control.
Good luck the ole 3801 are nice units.
Regards
Paul.