[time-nuts] Re: Ref out on Keysight 53230A

Jürgen Appel jap at dfm.dk
Tue Jan 24 13:32:47 UTC 2023

On Friday, 20 January 2023 01:54:25 CET Bob Camp via time-nuts wrote:

> If you put the input and output into a Phase Station, you can see glitches

Never used the external output for something important before, but as the
devices were standing on the table, I wanted a record for the future:

Setup: 10 MHz Reference to both "Ext Ref In" and Phase station, "Int Ref Out"
to DUT input of Phase station: Phase drifts rather slowly. As soon as I
connect some ~100MHz input to the 53230A, the "Int Ref Out" shows periodic
phase jumps. Turning the knob to increase the Gating time 0.1s->1s temporarily
disturbs the phase even more; the Glitch period seems unchanged though.

Still like this counter though...

Cheers,
	Jürgen