[time-nuts] Looking for old u-blox GPS modules

John Ackermann N8UR jra at febo.com
Sat Jan 28 02:35:50 UTC 2023

Strange request, but I'd like to find any or all of NEO-5, NEO-6, NEO-7,
or even earlier versions of u-blox GPS modules for a project I'm doing
to compare performance of various generation GPS devices.

I got a couple of NEO-6M modules on Amazon, but there's a good chance
they're counterfeit. I have an NEO-7 coming from eBay, but I suspect it
will be the same.  So what I'm looking for are ones that have a
reasonable probability of being real -- maybe acquired back in the day
before the counterfeiters got to them.

Happy to buy, borrow, or remove from your electronics waste bin.
Complete receiver boards with UART, RS232, or USB output would be fine;
so would bare modules in NEO or LEA form factor.

Please contact me off-list to avoid diluting the SNR here.  (The results
of the project will be published.)

Thanks!
John