[time-nuts] Re: gravity fields affect time keeping?

Ed Marciniak ed at nb0m.org
Tue Jan 31 13:19:19 UTC 2023

It’s funny timing, but I was just reading this a couple days ago:

http://leapsecond.com/great2016a/index.htm

All clocks are affected by gravity, as well as frame drag. The combined effects are small but measurable.

With better equipment, I recall reading a modern fountain clock could potentially resolve a few tens of centimeters height difference. GNSS satellites definitely see enough effects to require accounting for them.