[time-nuts] Re: Composite sky GPS - with an added digression

glenlist glenlist at cortexrf.com.au
Sat Jul 1 23:07:21 UTC 2023

Hi Jim

In this case +/- 30m in H and +/- 15m in V would be quite acceptable. A
bit of calculator work and I would be able to determine the minimum
spatial diversity required for those fixes.

yeah the overlap at 0dB ratio  would be  very low or zero. except  for
regions of the lobe that are way down in sensitivity (far down enough
that they may not be included in the solution- IIRC L1 = 30dB is
available fo an isotropic antenna  which provides for substantial off
axis resolution PROVIDING the spreading gain substantially exceeds that,
which it does not  - L1 chip rate 1 Mcps, data =50bps, so gain ~13dB
ALTHOUGH I see L5 has 10x the chipping rate with consumate increases in
spreading gain, so L5 should be in theory able to provide more fixes as
a higher wanted/unwanted ratio is possible. substantial. wow L5 is good.).

So, the multi antenna combination likely works OK for this application
where antennas have true diversity of sky view.

  Now, some research and I find that the multi receiver solution is
supported using the UBLOX RTK toolkit and the raw output receivers , and
less work to do using the full raw which includes the pseudoranges for
the 9 series.  That would seem a simple solution for high performance fixes.