[time-nuts] Re: What GNSS module to buy for a good time reference?

Erik Kaashoek erik at kaashoek.com
Sun Jul 2 15:09:39 UTC 2023

As I needed the accurate PPS in the coming weeks I decided to go for the
ZED-F9T L1/L2 and if all is well it will arrive tomorrow.
Now I need to understand how all this "postprocessing" works.
Some questions:

1: The ublox tools show ability to output basic or full raw data and there
are various scripts  to convert ublox data to Rinex and there are some
websites listing the commands required to get the required output but is
there a dummy's guide somewhere on how to get the RINEX data from the
ZED-F9T in the correct version/format for the postprocessing?

2: NRCan seems to process only for Canada (according to their website,
correct???). Auspos is listed as processing for the whole world. There are
some others. What would be a recommended service? I'm located in Europe.

Erik.