[time-nuts] Re: St Veran gravity red-shift misson

Bob Camp kb8tq at n1k.org
Mon Jul 24 13:19:13 UTC 2023

Hi

Wow, that’s quite a story. Thanks for sharing !!!!

While this is a bit off topic in terms of timing:

Victron does sell “central control” computers to tie their gear together. Some are in the
< $200 range. They will let you manage an ensemble of devices effectively. It also is
worthwhile to tie in something like a BMV-712 shunt based monitor. That will let you
evaluate the battery(s) state accurately.

There are folks who make “hats” for the RPi that do backup power as well as DC/DC
conversion. They claim they are pretty robust. No idea if they would be robust enough
for this sort of thing.

Lithium batteries, while still expensive, are getting less so every day. They are way lighter
than lead acid if you are going to lug them here and there. The Victron gear is just as
happy running them as running various forms of lead acid. They also will happily sell
you setups for 24V if you decide that works better than 12V.

As you might guess, there’s a lot of Victron gear in my RV’s …..

Bob