[time-nuts] Re: HP 10638a degausser

Azelio Boriani azelio.boriani at gmail.com
Mon Jul 24 15:36:56 UTC 2023

The schematics of the HP10638A are on TVB's website:
<http://www.leapsecond.com/museum/hp10638a/hp10638A-schematic-1.gif>
<http://www.leapsecond.com/museum/hp10638a/hp10638A-schematic-1k.gif>
<http://www.leapsecond.com/museum/hp10638a/hp10638A-schematic-2.gif>
<http://www.leapsecond.com/museum/hp10638a/hp10638A-schematic-2k.gif>
and the complete operation and service manual is on KO4BB:
<http://w.ko4bb.com/getsimple/index.php?id=download&file=HP_Agilent/HP_10638A_Degausser_Operation_And_Service_Manual.pdf>

Found this in the TN archive from Mar 2010:     (it seems that back
then there was indeed an alternative)
Now my hp 5061a opt04  03  work good , all fixed .
I am searching a copy of manual hp 10638a degausser , I would like to
build one .
searching on past message I found a message of a schematics called
degusser.zip
any info ?
regards Alfredo
I did the replacement degausser you found the zip file for. I use it for
my 5061s quite successfully.
It fairly closely duplicates the time and current profiles used by the
original.
If you have any questions, please ask.

Bill Ezell
They said 'Windows or better'