[time-nuts] An economical way to measure phase noise using the PN2060 cross-correlation Phase Noise Analyzer

drew wollin drew_wollin at hotmail.com
Mon Jul 31 06:51:56 UTC 2023

Hi all.

I have made some progress in understanding and measuring phase noise since my first message to the group. I have outlined my findings in a blog post. In this post:

1 A brief summary of phase noise and how it is measured.

2 An overview of the PN2060B Phase Noise Analyzer is a low-cost instrument (US$480) from China,

3 Using the PN2060B Phase Noise Analyzer to measure the phase noise of two modern spectrum analysers' reference 10 MHz and a CTI OCXO. All very easy after a couple of small hiccups as noted.

In conclusion, the PN2060B Phase Noise Analyzer is an excellent, low-cost and easy-to-use instrument.

Regards Drew VK4ZXI

http://vk4zxi.blogspot.com/2023/07/an-economical-way-to-measure-phase.html