[time-nuts] Regarding RAPCO 2804 (Pendulum 2804)...

Ulf Kylenfall ulf_r_k at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 2 08:11:33 UTC 2023

A big thank you for providing the manual !
I began troubleshooting a few days ago. The OCXO is OK.The GPS module (Trimble 52830) seems to have low sensitivity asit can detect only a one or two satellites. I tried replacing it with a uBlox unitwith an identical footprint but the communication parametersdoes not match which stopped any further attempts so I put
the clock aside but with the manual, I can now proceed.
The indicated fault was "Erroneous lock +/- 5Hz".

-5 Hz is when the DAC is at 0.2V output. It is a paralell loaded AD7846

V e r y expenceive from distributors but several are availableon eBay at acceptable prices. I have to rule out the GPS modulebefore any further decisions.
Once again: Thanks!
Best Regards
Ulf Kylenfall